Introduction of the Department
The Department of General Education provides supportive services and developmental opportunities for students, faculty and staff at BJTU Weihai. The department consists of several divisions, including Faculty Services, Teacher and Teaching Support and Development, Academic Support Center, English Language Center, Writing Center, Office of International Affairs, Center of Intercultural Interactions, and Physical Education Office.
1、Academic Support Center (ASC)
The ASC provides a wide range of services and extracurricular activities for students to enrich their campus learning and growing experiences.
Supports Offered by ASC:
● Channels for students to seek academic help
● Effective after-class communication between faculty and students
● Innovative activities for students to develop international competitiveness
● Opportunities of work or innovative practice for outstanding students
● Consultation for students on their academic and developmental issues
● Consultation on learning strategies and methods
● Training for targeted learning skills
● Innovation workshops
● Peer tutoring programs
● Supplementary training programs
● Consultation about postgraduate study and study abroad
● Learning resources for independent study and self-improvement
2、English Language Center (ELC)
English Language Center at BJTU Weihai provides extracurricular activities to help students, faculty and staff enhance their English proficiency so that they can smoothly adapt themselves to the English teaching and learning and working environment, or pursue more advanced academic studies - master and doctorate degrees.
1) The ELC offers a variety of English enhancement programs，workshops and clubs for all students on campus. Through these activities, ELC intends to cultivate students’ generic abilities, such as self-managed learning, critical thinking, analyzing, teamwork, leadership, communication, and so on, which are crucial for their future development.
2) ELC also provides English Enhancement Programs for Staff and Faculty on Weihai Campus. It offers three levels of programs: pre-intermediate, intermediate and advanced English programs, tailored to the different needs of the staff members.
3) English Language Center Online Platform provides the access to the latest information about ELC’s programs and service registration.
3、The Writing Center
The Writing Center provides writing services to all students, staff and faculty on Weihai campus, including consultation, draft review and a series of writing workshops.
The Writing Center Online Platform provides the access to the latest information about its services, registration channel, and writing activities.
4、Office of International Affairs
The Office of International Affairs is responsible for foreign affairs, including VISA services, exit and entry, international visit, cooperation in joint programs, international conference, international exchange programs and so on.
5、Center of Intercultural Interactions
The Center of Intercultural Interactions assists Weihai Campus to hold intercultural exchange programs and activities, such as summer programs for Chinese students and for international students, consultation about studying abroad, study-abroad programs and so on.
6、Teacher and Teaching Support and Development
1）Teacher and Teaching Support: provides work and life supports for all faculty on Weihai Campus.
2）Teacher and Teaching Development: provides multicultural teaching resources and activities for Chinese and international teachers, including teaching seminars, English teaching workshops, teaching improvement consultations, conferences and forums on teaching and culture experience sharing and so on.